Campaign Media Awards 2005: Best Retail and Home Shopping Campaign
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 25 November 2005 12:00AM
WINNER Title: Levi's One To Watch Media agency: Starcom Media director: Adam Bishop Account director/media planner: Hugh Semple Client: Levi Strauss Brand/product: Levi's One to Watch Marketing director: Julie Davidson Media/brand manager: Mel Lowe
Levi's has had six top-ten hits and seven number ones - not bad for a company that makes jeans. Continuing to build on the brand's credibility among young, male music-lovers, Levi's teamed up with Channel Fly and a series of sponsored "Levi's One to Watch" gigs were staged at Camden's Barfly venue. Artists have included Bloc Party and the Kaiser Chiefs. Levi's stores are now all branded with "Levi's One to Watch", and a microsite on Levi's.com features events, bands, reviews and competitions.
COMMENDATION Title: Bratz Pretty In Punk Media agency: Mediavest Manchester Media director: Justin Stephenson Creative agency: Viacom Brand Solutions Account director: Alice Brown Client: Vivid Brand/product: Bratz Pretty in Punk Marketing director: Emma Shirski Media/brand manager: Alison Coates
Bratz dolls needed to boost sales in a market dominated by the likes of Barbie. Targeting older girls between the ages of eight to 11, Bratz used Nickelodean as the medium to engage with its audience. It asked viewers to design an outfit for the dolls and a series of 20-second spots ran featuring examples of the outfits that would be sent in. Bratz received more than 10,000 entries and, for the first time in its 40-year history, the brand overtook Barbie to become the number one-selling doll.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- User Experience / User Interface (UX/UI) Designer Harnham £40000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus & excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester