Burger King reviews £30m pan-European media
By by Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 December 2005 11:00AM
LONDON - Burger King is consolidating its £30m pan-European media planning and buying business and has invited four agencies to pitch.
The pitch will take place next week. MindShare, Starcom MediaVest, Universal McCann and one other agency will present. The company spends £10m in the UK annually, according to Nielsen Media Research.
Simon Foster, the senior manager, marketing impact, for Burger King, said the fast-food chain was consolidating the account in a bid "to achieve even greater consistency and cost efficiencies".
Carat won the UK and German accounts in 1998 after a competitive pitch.
The news comes as Burger King International searches for a new chief marketing officer after Andrew Brent left the company in March without a job to go to.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £38000.00 per annum, City of London
- Mid-Weight Creative Designers / Graphic Designers Guru Careers £30k, Based in Brighton, East Sussex (BN1) - Commutable from Hove, Portslade, Worthing, Eastbourne.
- Account Manager - Public Sector campaigns Stopgap £24000 - £27000 per annum, London
- Cross-Media Account Manager - up to £40K Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni