Sir Frank's partners keep him waiting
By John Tylee, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 09 December 2005 12:00AM
Sir Frank Lowe's potential partners were this week keeping him waiting to find out if they would join his start-up, which has plundered Lowe's £50 million Tesco account.
Paul Hammersley, the DDB London chief executive, and David Hackworthy, his chief strategic officer, have been slated to take leading roles in the new shop with Sir Frank and the former Lowe London chairman Paul Weinberger.
But as Campaign went to press neither man (both at a DDB meeting in the US), had quit.
Nor had Mark Cadman, the JWT managing director. He is said to be weighing up the prospect of promotion at JWT against an equity stake in the start-up. Ed Morris, Lowe's executive creative director, has also been approached.
Meanwhile, it is believed Sir Martin Sorrell, WPP's chief executive, has had talks about his possible involvement, but nothing has been agreed.
Lowe's 20-strong Tesco account team is expected to be offered jobs by Sir Frank.
Besides Tesco, the agency could launch with business from Heineken and Olympus.
- News, page 3
- Opinion, page 15
- Comment, page 60.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London
- Brand Partnerships Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + excellent commission & benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London
- Artworker - Mid-Weight Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, North London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity