Morgan Stanley to call £20m DM pitch
By Claire Billings, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 09 December 2005 12:00AM
Morgan Stanley is preparing to move its £20 million direct marketing account out of Tequila\London, having only appointed the agency in February this year.
Insiders say the agency has been told that the business is set to move in March 2006.
Meanwhile, Morgan Stanley has started contacting agencies with a view to drawing up a longlist to compete for its credit card and loans direct business. However, a brief has yet to be issued.
Tequila\ won the business in February after a pitch against Tullo Marshall Warren.
Morgan Stanley is one of the largest DM advertisers in the UK. In the past, the company has run campaigns throughout the year, rather than earmarking specific periods of activity.
It favours direct mail, which accounted for around £18 million of its annual UK direct marketing spend in 2004.
Morgan Stanley entered the UK credit-card market in 1999 with a £10 million launch. WWAV Rapp Collins handled the DM.
Morgan Stanley declined to comment on the forthcoming review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Head of Social Media - leading advertising agency The Great & The Good £50,000 to £60,000 per annum plus benefits, Beautiful offices in central London
- Global Digital Brand Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + other benefits , Slough
- Marketing & Communications Director Stopgap £70000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Lipton Fleming £28000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus , London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart