Starcom hires Daly for operations post
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 09 December 2005 12:00AM
Starcom MediaVest Group has hired the WPP executive Nick Daly as its operations director across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Daly, who was the global chief executive of WPP's Maxus media network, has been recruited by Iain Jacob, Starcom's new chief executive for EMEA.
His role will be to work with Jacob on developing the network, taking responsibility for some key markets and its diversification into areas such as digital and content.
Before joining WPP, Daly was the global media development director at Aegis. He was also a media director at Initiative.
Jacob, who plans to build a team of senior executives at European level, said: "Nick has experience at some of the biggest networks."
Daly's appointment coincides with the announcement that Linda Smith will be the next chief executive of Starcom UK. Smith, the commercial director at GCap Media, replaces Jacob and will start her new job on 23 January.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Creative Content Manager. Daniel Marks London £50-60k, London
- Senior Communications and Copywriting Executive Pitch Consultants £25000 - £28000 per annum + bonus and excellent benefits, Coventry
- Junior to Mid-Weight Creative Teams Daniel Marks London £30-60k, London
- Category Coordinator Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Northamptonshire