Starcom hires Daly for operations post
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 09 December 2005 12:00AM
Starcom MediaVest Group has hired the WPP executive Nick Daly as its operations director across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Daly, who was the global chief executive of WPP's Maxus media network, has been recruited by Iain Jacob, Starcom's new chief executive for EMEA.
His role will be to work with Jacob on developing the network, taking responsibility for some key markets and its diversification into areas such as digital and content.
Before joining WPP, Daly was the global media development director at Aegis. He was also a media director at Initiative.
Jacob, who plans to build a team of senior executives at European level, said: "Nick has experience at some of the biggest networks."
Daly's appointment coincides with the announcement that Linda Smith will be the next chief executive of Starcom UK. Smith, the commercial director at GCap Media, replaces Jacob and will start her new job on 23 January.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- CEO Gail Gallie departs Fallon
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Ex-M&S marketing chief Steven Sharp is consulting for WPP