Thorntons hunts for agency to relaunch direct sales business
By by Claire Billings, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 January 2006 07:00AM
LONDON - Thorntons, the high-street chocolate retailer, is on the hunt for a direct marketing agency to handle the £2m relaunch of its direct sales business, Thorntons Direct.
The company has shortlisted Kitcatt Nohr Alexander Shaw, Clark McKay & Walpole and Souk.
The confectionery brand is looking to relaunch the service in the summer, following a poor performance by its high-street shops. It has previously handled the business in-house.
Thorntons revealed a 4.9% drop in like-for-like sales in its shops over the Christmas period. This was despite running a high-profile television campaign created by Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy.
MCBD is unaffected by the review.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- PR Manager, B2B Media/Marketing, London, £35-40k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Account Manager - top D&B agency in Manchester Perfect Marketing People To £25k, Manchester
- Creative Director Gemini Search £70000.00 - £78000.00 per annum + good benefits, City of London
- Senior Voice Over Agent Wise Buddah competitive salary dependent on experience, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni