Thorntons hunts for agency to relaunch direct sales business
By by Claire Billings, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 January 2006 07:00AM
LONDON - Thorntons, the high-street chocolate retailer, is on the hunt for a direct marketing agency to handle the £2m relaunch of its direct sales business, Thorntons Direct.
The company has shortlisted Kitcatt Nohr Alexander Shaw, Clark McKay & Walpole and Souk.
The confectionery brand is looking to relaunch the service in the summer, following a poor performance by its high-street shops. It has previously handled the business in-house.
Thorntons revealed a 4.9% drop in like-for-like sales in its shops over the Christmas period. This was despite running a high-profile television campaign created by Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy.
MCBD is unaffected by the review.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Product Planning & Proposition Development Manager Better Placed Recruitment £145 - £250 per day, City of London
- Digital Account Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Annual Report Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £180 - £200 per day, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Argos reviews £55 million ad account
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard