Saunders takes marketing role at E4
By Darren Davidson, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 January 2006 12:00AM
Channel 4 has appointed Cameron Saunders, the group strategy director at WCRS, as the head of marketing for E4, More4 and Film Four.
Saunders worked at WCRS for ten years and was appointed to the strategy role last year. During his time at the agency, he took a leading role on the relaunch of Hutchinson 3G's 3 brand in the UK.
Previously, Saunders was the head of strategy, overseeing the 118 118, Mini and Orange accounts. He became the agency's youngest-ever board account planner in 2001 after his part in winning Vodafone's pan-European business.
Saunders, who will report to Channel 4's director of marketing, Polly Cochrane, replaces Rufus Radcliffe, who was promoted to head of marketing for Channel 4 last year.
In his new role, Saunders will be in charge of all on- and off-air marketing for Channel 4's digital channels and will oversee marketing activity for any future digital television channels.
Cochrane said: "Saunders is one of adland's brightest talents. Our digital services are among TV's most distinctive and admired brands and it requires someone of his pedigree to maintain and develop their stand-out positioning in a very crowded marketplace."
She added: "This appointment completes a restructure of the Channel 4 marketing team in line with the three legs of our future growth strategy - core channel, multichannel and new media."
After moving on to Freeview in May 2005, E4 increased its share of the multichannel market by 88 per cent. More4 has the highest ABC1 profile of any digital channel since launching in October.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account