MCBD launches luxury division
By Kate Nicholson, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 February 2006 12:00AM
Brand Couture will cater to upmarket brands under Kirsten McNally's and Jessica Binns' leadership.
Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy is launching a luxury arm called Brand Couture, designed to offer traditional advertising, public relations and event marketing for luxury brands.
The outfit will launch with two clients; the hotel guide Mr and Mrs Smith and the Centre for Fashion Enterprise, which acts as an accountancy and PR partner for luxury fashion brands. The new division also expects to work on some of MCBD's clients.
Brand Couture will be based at MCBD's offices. Kirsten McNally and Jessica Binns, two former heads of the communications agency Exposure, will run the outfit.
McNally said: "Brand Couture has been set up in response to the growing market for prestige offerings. Our focus is on creating intimacy and engagement to drive advocacy and sales."
Helen Calcraft, the managing director of MCBD, added: "Brand Couture provides a whole new skill-set for the MCBD group. It brings credibility to mainstream brands and a holistic brand-building service for smaller brands without the budgets required for advertising."
McNally, a strategic planner, started her career at Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, followed by five years as the planning director at Exposure. Binns, a brand experience specialist, headed the events division at Exposure and has worked in Los Angeles and New York on Land Rover, Jaguar and Zac Posen.
The launch of Brand Couture follows M&C Saatchi's announcement last week that it was introducing a luxury division in a bid to attract new clients.
The new arm, provisionally called M&C Lux, will be a media-neutral offering, comprising traditional advertising, public relations and event marketing services.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014