Reckitt calls global pitch
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 March 2006 12:00AM
JWT, McCann and Euro RSCG battle it out to retain place on £350 million roster.
Reckitt Benckiser is calling a review of its £350 million global creative account as it looks to reduce its network roster from three to two.
The business is shared by JWT, McCann Erickson and Euro RSCG.
The networks have all been asked to produce a television spot for one of three of the company's brands: Clearasil, which is currently run by McCann; Veet, which is handled by JWT; and Air Wick, which is held by Euro RSCG.
McCann is the latest addition to the Reckitt roster. It joined earlier this year following Reckitt's £1.9 billion acquisition of Boots Healthcare International.
The deal saw Reckitt, which owns brands such as Lemsip, Dettol, Gaviscon and Finish, also acquire the Clearasil, Strepsils, Nurofen, Optrex and E45 brands.
Reckitt then moved its £14 million UK media planning and buying into OMD, its existing agency, without a pitch.
It was thought Euro RSCG and JWT would share BHI's creative account.
However, it retained McCann, which had held the business since 1997.
JWT and Euro RSCG picked up the Reckitt account in 2002 after a three-way pitch that also included Ogilvy & Mather. McCann was the incumbent, but resigned the business after its Interpublic parent bought True North, which handled SC Johnson.
In July, Reckitt signed a £10 million sponsor deal for ITV's Emmerdale, covering ITV1, ITV2, ITV3 and online.
- Comment, page 40.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Creative Artworker Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Account Manager/Director, full time (would consider 4 days per week) Wonderberry UK Ltd Dependent on experience, Farringdon
- Online Visual Merchandising Manager Luxury Fashion brand Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer - Fashion - £30k 24 Seven Inc Up to £30k, City of London
- Digital Account Manager (ASAP) Zebra People £30000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Volvo van Damme spot nears 60 million YouTube views