Reckitt calls global pitch
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 March 2006 12:00AM
JWT, McCann and Euro RSCG battle it out to retain place on £350 million roster.
Reckitt Benckiser is calling a review of its £350 million global creative account as it looks to reduce its network roster from three to two.
The business is shared by JWT, McCann Erickson and Euro RSCG.
The networks have all been asked to produce a television spot for one of three of the company's brands: Clearasil, which is currently run by McCann; Veet, which is handled by JWT; and Air Wick, which is held by Euro RSCG.
McCann is the latest addition to the Reckitt roster. It joined earlier this year following Reckitt's £1.9 billion acquisition of Boots Healthcare International.
The deal saw Reckitt, which owns brands such as Lemsip, Dettol, Gaviscon and Finish, also acquire the Clearasil, Strepsils, Nurofen, Optrex and E45 brands.
Reckitt then moved its £14 million UK media planning and buying into OMD, its existing agency, without a pitch.
It was thought Euro RSCG and JWT would share BHI's creative account.
However, it retained McCann, which had held the business since 1997.
JWT and Euro RSCG picked up the Reckitt account in 2002 after a three-way pitch that also included Ogilvy & Mather. McCann was the incumbent, but resigned the business after its Interpublic parent bought True North, which handled SC Johnson.
In July, Reckitt signed a £10 million sponsor deal for ITV's Emmerdale, covering ITV1, ITV2, ITV3 and online.
- Comment, page 40.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel