Jim Beam awards UK media account to ZenithOptimedia
By by Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 31 March 2006 11:00AM
LONDON - Beam Global Spirits & Wine has consolidated its UK media planning and buying into ZenithOptimedia.
The agency picked up the £4m account after a lengthy review process conducted by Beam's new UK management team.
The review follows the joint acquisition of Allied Domecq brands by Beam's parent company, Fortune Brands, and Pernod Ricard.
ZenithOptimedia recently lost its hold on the Allied brands acquired by Pernod Ricard after a consolidation into Vizeum.
However, the Beam win means it will add media planning and buying for the Jim Beam brand and the Maker's Mark brand to its Courvoisier, Teacher's and Laphroaig business.
Planning and buying for Jim Beam was previously with Mediaedge:cia, while Maker's Mark did not previously have a UK media agency.
Beam's creative and direct marketing are also being
consolidated into Publicis Groupe in the UK. However, Beam is still looking at its media requirements in overseas markets.
Mark Waugh, the deputy managing director of ZenithOptimedia, said: "To support fantastic household names like Teacher's, as well as launch Beam's existing US power brands like Maker's Mark into the UK makes for a great blend of work."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Project Manager (Digital) Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £60000 per annum, City of London
- Digital & Print Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £33000 per annum + amazing bonus scheme & benefits, London
- Global CRM Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000, International/Europe
- Assistant Brand Manager Veritas Partnership Ltd £28000 - £35000 Per Annum plus benefits, M3-A3 Corridor