Virgin Games hires LMFM for brand task
By Larissa Bannister, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 19 May 2006 12:00AM
Virgin Games, the online gambling division of Richard Branson's Virgin Group, has appointed Lean Mean Fighting Machine to its digital creative advertising account.
The agency triumphed following a six-way pitch against undisclosed agencies.
It will now work on a brand campaign to promote the Virgin Casino division, with a focus on marketing to 25- to 34-year-old men.
Virgin Games has run digital advertising in the past, but has produced its creative in-house. Ross Sleight, the marketing and operations director of Virgin Games, said the decision to appoint an outside agency was a precursor to increased investment in the medium.
"We have had a consistent online presence, from branding to search, but we now want to increase that by three or four times in terms of media spend," he said.
"It was a close call with one other agency, but Lean Mean Fighting Machine came up with an innovative solution to the brief."
Along with other online gambling sites, Virgin Games is subject to heavy restrictions on the on- and offline advertising of its products.
"Our challenge is to maintain the Virgin attributes of cheekiness and irreverence while staying within the law," Sleight said. "The new campaign will bring a radically different approach to our online advertising."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex
- Designer - Stunning Agency - Central London - c£40k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£40k, Central London