Virgin Games hires LMFM for brand task
By Larissa Bannister, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 19 May 2006 12:00AM
Virgin Games, the online gambling division of Richard Branson's Virgin Group, has appointed Lean Mean Fighting Machine to its digital creative advertising account.
The agency triumphed following a six-way pitch against undisclosed agencies.
It will now work on a brand campaign to promote the Virgin Casino division, with a focus on marketing to 25- to 34-year-old men.
Virgin Games has run digital advertising in the past, but has produced its creative in-house. Ross Sleight, the marketing and operations director of Virgin Games, said the decision to appoint an outside agency was a precursor to increased investment in the medium.
"We have had a consistent online presence, from branding to search, but we now want to increase that by three or four times in terms of media spend," he said.
"It was a close call with one other agency, but Lean Mean Fighting Machine came up with an innovative solution to the brief."
Along with other online gambling sites, Virgin Games is subject to heavy restrictions on the on- and offline advertising of its products.
"Our challenge is to maintain the Virgin attributes of cheekiness and irreverence while staying within the law," Sleight said. "The new campaign will bring a radically different approach to our online advertising."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Pharma / Healthcare Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films