MEC lands bulk of Campbell's media
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 19 May 2006 12:00AM
The Campbell Soup Company has consolidated the bulk of its $300 million global media account into Mediaedge:cia.
The agency, which has held Campbell's US media planning and buying since 1999, will take on media duties in five key European markets, across Asia and in Mexico.
However, the consolidation does not affect the £10 million UK account, which will remain with ZenithOptimedia. OMD will continue to handle Campbell's business in Canada.
Mediaedge:cia will add markets including Belgium, France, Germany, Sweden, Australia and China to its existing relationships in the US, Russia, Hong Kong, Malaysia, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Singapore and Guatemala.
Colleen Milway, the global media director at Campbell's, said: "Our decision to consolidate planning and buying with the MEC global network was driven by our desire to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our media spending globally."
Milway added that Campbell's is looking at "the increased potential for global media deals with our top media suppliers".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Propositions Marketing Manager Harvey Nash £35000 - £40000 per annum, Walsall
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart