Clemmow Hornby Inge lands Thomson Directories brief
By by Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 25 May 2006 12:00PM
LONDON - Thomson Directories has appointed Clemmow Hornby Inge to handle its £4m advertising account.
CHI picked up the business, which was previously held by Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy, without a pitch.
MCBD parted company with the directories business earlier this month.
CHI was handed the account by Thomson Directories' newly appointed chief executive, Max Alexander.
Alexander joined Thomson in March this year, replacing Linda Pancratz.
He was previously the managing director of Talk Talk, an account that CHI also holds.
He said: "I had a great experience working with CHI at Talk Talk, where we grew our customer base from 100,000 to two million. So it was an easy choice to work with the agency again on the Thomson Local brand."
MCBD had handled the Thomson business since 2004. The agency is now involved in the pitch for the £20m Yell account, a direct rival to Thomson. The Yell business moved out of Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO in April.
Thomson's media account is handled by The Media Shop, while Dare handles its digital account.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Innovations and Insights Director Hasson Associates £60000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus, London
- Data Planner - Leading CRM Agency - Temp to Perm (Immediate Start) - to £250 per day Fill Recruitment £180 to £250 per day + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager FMCG Connect £28,000 - £31,000 plus benefits, West Yorkshire
- Strategist - Brand Consultancy Ann Sharman Recruitment £35,000 - £45,000 + bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager - West Sussex - up to £50K Salt £45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, West Malling
- The man who made Grey matter
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media
- MediaCom's Lisa Humphreys flies flag for media in '35 women under 35' list
- Asda brings back 'pocket tap' and adopts Walmart strap line in TV ad