Waters takes MindShare Europe role
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 09 June 2006 12:00AM
MindShare has appointed a new chief executive in Europe, as Giulio Malegori returns to his native Italy to run the local MindShare operation.
Nick Waters, currently MindShare's chief executive in Asia-Pacific, is returning to Europe to replace Malegori.
Malegori helped to build MindShare's Italian offering before becoming the chief executive EMEA in June 2003. In his new role, he has been tasked with preserving the Italian agency's position following a potentially damaging spat between the WPP chief executive, Sir Martin Sorrell, and his former employee Marco Benatti.
Waters joins MindShare's European operation having been the chief executive in Asia since last September. He moved to Singapore in 2001 as the chief executive of MindShare South-East Asia.
Waters was previously based at MindShare's London office, running its Ford of Europe business. He will be replaced in Asia by Ashutosh Srivastava, currently the chief executive of Group M in South Asia.
Waters will assume his European responsibilities in August. He said: "The challenge will be to navigate an increasingly complex marketing landscape and ensure we supply services clients need not just today but also going forward."
Dominic Proctor, the global chief executive of MindShare, added: "We look forward to Nick returning with the energy, innovation and enthusiasm that makes Asia such a dynamic and exciting region."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London