Carat lands £5m Littlewoods media
By by Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 13 July 2006 09:55AM
LONDON - Littlewoods has appointed Carat to the £5m media planning and buying activity for its catalogues business.
Carat is also expected to pick up additional planning and buying work for the retailer as it invests more in brand advertising. The account's budget could rise to £8 million in total.
The agency won the business after a pitch process involving PHD and Zed Media. Sources suggest Carat had earlier been knocked out of the process only to be reinstated after discussions with Littlewoods' marketing and procurement departments.
Carat will handle planning and buying across Littlewoods catalogues, which include Choice, Kays and Littlewoods. It previously used several agencies including Zed, Universal McCann Manchester and MediaCom North.
Littlewoods is also holding a creative review through the AAR. Agencies will be briefed to position the catalogues as a modern, aspirational way to shop. The retailer, which is owned by the Barclay brothers, focused on catalogues after pulling out of the high street last year.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%