Carat lands £5m Littlewoods media
By by Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 13 July 2006 09:55AM
LONDON - Littlewoods has appointed Carat to the £5m media planning and buying activity for its catalogues business.
Carat is also expected to pick up additional planning and buying work for the retailer as it invests more in brand advertising. The account's budget could rise to £8 million in total.
The agency won the business after a pitch process involving PHD and Zed Media. Sources suggest Carat had earlier been knocked out of the process only to be reinstated after discussions with Littlewoods' marketing and procurement departments.
Carat will handle planning and buying across Littlewoods catalogues, which include Choice, Kays and Littlewoods. It previously used several agencies including Zed, Universal McCann Manchester and MediaCom North.
Littlewoods is also holding a creative review through the AAR. Agencies will be briefed to position the catalogues as a modern, aspirational way to shop. The retailer, which is owned by the Barclay brothers, focused on catalogues after pulling out of the high street last year.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Comms Planning Director Lipton Fleming £45000.00 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Membership Royal Pharmaceutical Society c. £55K, Lambeth, London (Please note we are relocating to 66-68 East Smithfield Street, E1W in 2015)
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Head of Business Development Lipton Fleming £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Bonus , London