Beattie rekindles Labour relationship donors
By James Hamilton, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 14 July 2006 12:00AM
Trevor Beattie is rekindling his relations with the Labour Party, with the news that Beattie McGuinness Bungay has created an ad to highlight the high-profile supporters who help fund the party.
The ad, which breaks in today's (Thursday's) edition of The Times, features 40 prominent Labour donors with a line from each that expresses their reason for donating to the party. The ad runs with the line: "We believe in a Britain where enterprise and aspiration are combined with fairness and social justice. That's why we're proud to help fund the Labour Party."
The campaign was devised by the Yo! Sushi founder and Labour donor Simon Woodroffe and created by Beattie.
Beattie previously worked for the party when he was the chairman of TBWA\London. TBWA was Labour's agency of record from 2000 to 2005, and produced the campaigns that helped it win the general elections in 2001 and 2005.
The Labour Party chairman, Hazel Blears MP, said: "People suppport political parties because they share their values and goals. I am delighted that today these people have come together to express their support for Labour."
The ad breaks as Labour remains on the back foot over cash-for-peerages allegations. In January, a senior adviser to Labour's city academy programme, Des Smith, told an undercover reporter that wealthy donors could obtain honours by giving money to the scheme.This week, a Labour official advised a donor to conceal on his nomination form for a peerage the fact he had lent the party £250,000.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London