Unilever names roster agencies
By Claire Billings, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 July 2006 12:00AM
Review cuts FMCG giant's direct marketing and digital roster from more than 20 agencies to seven.
Unilever has completed a shake-up of its direct and digital arrangements in the UK with the appointment of a new roster comprised of seven agencies.
Agency Republic and AKQA have been appointed to handle digital, while five direct marketing agencies - Billington Cartmell, Chemistry Communications, Craik Jones Watson Mitchell Voelkel, Tequila\London and Tullo Marshall Warren - also made the cut.
The review has reduced the number of agencies Unilever works with for UK projects from more than 20.
Agencies that have worked for Unilever in the past, but have not made it on to the UK direct marketing and digital roster include Claydon Heeley, which has created direct marketing campaigns for the Impulse brand, and digital agencies such as Dare, which created award-winning work for Lynx.
The review has created a formal roster of agencies that will pitch for briefs across Unilever's home and personal care, frozen food and foods divisions.
This year, Unilever has already held pitches for the DM accounts for a number of its brands. Craik Jones won the pitch for Hellmann's Extra Light mayonnaise and Tullo Marshall Warren won the Vaseline account.
The review was instigated in April by Rachel Bristow, who joined Unilever last year to take up the post of head of direct communications and new media. Bristow joined from Sainsbury's.
Separately, Unilever is currently in the process of conducting a pitch for its global digital roster. The global digital review is being managed from Unilever's headquarters in Blackfriars.
This process is being overseen by Caroline Slootweg, Unilever's digital and new-media marketing director. She is looking for agencies to work on global strategy and development across all of Unilever's global brands. Unilever did not return calls.
Comment, page 48.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account