Media Week editor takes online role
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 September 2006 12:00AM
Brand Republic, the Haymarket-owned website, has appointed Philip Smith, the editor of Media Week, to the newly created role of head of content.
The move comes ahead of a comprehensive redesign of Brand Republic, which will relaunch in the autumn, supplying content from 12 magazines including, Campaign, Marketing, PR Week, Eye and Media Week.
Smith will oversee the editorial development of the site as it expands its offering.
Smith has edited Media Week since May 2005 and was previously the editor of Revolution, the Haymarket-owned digital marketing title.
Gordon MacMillan's role as the editor of Brand Republic is unaffected by the appointment, although he will be developing the site's community dimension.
Rufus Olins, the managing director of Haymarket Brand Media, said: "Philip will be a terrific ambassador for Brand Republic and instrumental in removing the traditional boundaries between print and online media."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire