Media Week editor takes online role
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 September 2006 12:00AM
Brand Republic, the Haymarket-owned website, has appointed Philip Smith, the editor of Media Week, to the newly created role of head of content.
The move comes ahead of a comprehensive redesign of Brand Republic, which will relaunch in the autumn, supplying content from 12 magazines including, Campaign, Marketing, PR Week, Eye and Media Week.
Smith will oversee the editorial development of the site as it expands its offering.
Smith has edited Media Week since May 2005 and was previously the editor of Revolution, the Haymarket-owned digital marketing title.
Gordon MacMillan's role as the editor of Brand Republic is unaffected by the appointment, although he will be developing the site's community dimension.
Rufus Olins, the managing director of Haymarket Brand Media, said: "Philip will be a terrific ambassador for Brand Republic and instrumental in removing the traditional boundaries between print and online media."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account