ZenithOptimedia in Product Red win
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 September 2006 12:00AM
ZenithOptimedia has been appointed to handle media planning and buying for Product Red, the initiative launched by U2 singer Bono to combat Aids in Africa.
Mother previously handled media for Red, but ZenithOptimedia will be handling planning and buying for its next campaign. This will focus on London-based outdoor and online activity which will break next week.
ZenithOptimedia was handed the business through its relationship with Freud Communications, a sister Publicis agency. Freud has worked with Red since its launch.
Creative for the campaign, which will run on bus sides and websites, including Channel 4 and Yahoo!, is via the Boston-based agency Modernista.
Brian Cheung, the planning manager at ZenithOptimedia, said: "Our aim is not only to raise awareness of Red and educate consumers about what it does, but also help bring together the marketing plans of all the Red partners and capitalise on the PR."
Companies including Gap, American Express, Motorola, Converse and Giorgio Armani have created Red products and a percentage of each one sold is contributed towards a global fund to help women and children affected by HIV and Aids in Africa.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Group Account Director and Business Director air recruitment Up to £75k dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £55,000, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland