Kitcatt Nohr scoops Waitrose account
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 October 2006 12:00AM
Waitrose has appointed Kitcatt Nohr Alexander Shaw as its direct marketing agency as it looks to build its share of the UK food shopping market.
Kitcatt Nohr won the pitch against Archibald Ingall Stretton and Partners Andrews Aldridge in a process conducted by The Haystack Group.
The agency will be developing a customer relationship strategy for Waitrose, which involves retention activity to ward off competition from rivals and acquisition campaigns to support the supermarket's expansion plans.
Waitrose is looking to double its size nationally by extending its reach outside of the South-East, where most of its stores have been based.
The appointment of Kitcatt Nohr is the latest in a series of changes to the supermarket's agency arrangements. The advertising account moved into Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy in November, when it merged with How, the agency launched by Ken Hoggins and Chris O'Shea in 2004. In June, Manning Gottlieb OMD won the media business.
Vonnie Alexander, the Kitcatt Nohr client partner, said: "Not only is Waitrose a terrific brand, but it is also a terrific opportunity for direct marketing. We're looking forward to deploying direct marketing to strengthen even further its relationships with customers, and also to win new converts to the brand."
Christian Cull, the marketing director at Waitrose, said: "We are looking forward to working with Kitcatt Nohr.
"Our main objectives will be to move this aspect of our marketing forward and for Kitcatt Nohr to work alongside our other agencies."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire