BBH and InBev agree to part company after 15 years
By by James Hamilton, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 October 2006 11:20AM
LONDON - Bartle Bogle Hegarty and InBev have parted company ending a 15-year relationship that has produced some of the most colourful beer advertising in the UK for the Boddington's, Castlemaine XXXX, and Murphy's brands.
Boddington's and XXXX have seen a gradual decline in adspend in recent years. According to Nielsen, the two brands spend £1.9m and £1.8m, respectively.
It is unclear whether the brewer will award the brands to other InBev roster agencies, including Leo Burnett and Lowe London, or put them up for pitch.
BBH has produced some of its most memorable advertising for the Boddington's brand, including the introduction of the "The Cream of Manchester" and "It's a bit gorgeous" lines. A relaunch campaign for the bitter starring the model Melanie Sykes made her a household name.
The agency has handled Castlemaine XXXX since the end of 2003.
Ben Fennell, the BBH managing director, said: "We wish InBev a very fond farewell and are proud of our award winning recent campaigns for Murphy's and Boddingtons. It's good to go out on a high."
A spokesman for InBev said: "BBH has been a fantastic creative agency and we are delighted to have had the opportunity to work with it."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Existing Sales & Promo Planner - NowTV Major Players £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Art Director Major Players £35000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Editor Major Players £250 - £300 per day, London
- Marketing Manager PFJ £35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Mondelez signs global partnership with Facebook
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Starcom MediaVest wins spice brand's multi-million euro account