Agency.com wins HarperCollins business
By Jennifer Whitehead, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 October 2006 12:00AM
HarperCollins, the publisher owned by News Corporation, has appointed Agency.com to develop its website and handle digital marketing for its authors and titles.
The appointment was made after a five-way pitch overseen by Shiona McDougall, who joined HarperCollins in June this year, as its group marketing director. McDougall previously worked at Agency.com.
Agency.com will be looking at how HarperCollins, the publisher of titles such as The Devil Wears Prada and the JRR Tolkien books, can make its website more integrated and consumer-focused.
HarperCollins wants to develop interactive communities of authors and readers. It is also looking at how it can make content available through blogs, mobile phones and podcasting.
Along with McDougall's appointment, HarperCollins hired Clive Malcher from ITV for the new role of digital publisher, to look at online partners, web delivery and new business models.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency