Agency.com wins HarperCollins business
By Jennifer Whitehead, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 October 2006 12:00AM
HarperCollins, the publisher owned by News Corporation, has appointed Agency.com to develop its website and handle digital marketing for its authors and titles.
The appointment was made after a five-way pitch overseen by Shiona McDougall, who joined HarperCollins in June this year, as its group marketing director. McDougall previously worked at Agency.com.
Agency.com will be looking at how HarperCollins, the publisher of titles such as The Devil Wears Prada and the JRR Tolkien books, can make its website more integrated and consumer-focused.
HarperCollins wants to develop interactive communities of authors and readers. It is also looking at how it can make content available through blogs, mobile phones and podcasting.
Along with McDougall's appointment, HarperCollins hired Clive Malcher from ITV for the new role of digital publisher, to look at online partners, web delivery and new business models.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London