Agency.com wins HarperCollins business
By Jennifer Whitehead, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 October 2006 12:00AM
HarperCollins, the publisher owned by News Corporation, has appointed Agency.com to develop its website and handle digital marketing for its authors and titles.
The appointment was made after a five-way pitch overseen by Shiona McDougall, who joined HarperCollins in June this year, as its group marketing director. McDougall previously worked at Agency.com.
Agency.com will be looking at how HarperCollins, the publisher of titles such as The Devil Wears Prada and the JRR Tolkien books, can make its website more integrated and consumer-focused.
HarperCollins wants to develop interactive communities of authors and readers. It is also looking at how it can make content available through blogs, mobile phones and podcasting.
Along with McDougall's appointment, HarperCollins hired Clive Malcher from ITV for the new role of digital publisher, to look at online partners, web delivery and new business models.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Communications Specialist - 12 month fixed contract Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum + depending on experience, Henley-On-Thames
- PPC Account Manager Norton Leigh £45,000, Central London
- Sales Manager - Expanding Content Focussed Business Ultimate Asset £33000 - £40000 per annum + competitive commission & benefits, London
- Biddable Account Manager Norton Leigh £40,000, Central London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition