Agency.com wins HarperCollins business
By Jennifer Whitehead, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 October 2006 12:00AM
HarperCollins, the publisher owned by News Corporation, has appointed Agency.com to develop its website and handle digital marketing for its authors and titles.
The appointment was made after a five-way pitch overseen by Shiona McDougall, who joined HarperCollins in June this year, as its group marketing director. McDougall previously worked at Agency.com.
Agency.com will be looking at how HarperCollins, the publisher of titles such as The Devil Wears Prada and the JRR Tolkien books, can make its website more integrated and consumer-focused.
HarperCollins wants to develop interactive communities of authors and readers. It is also looking at how it can make content available through blogs, mobile phones and podcasting.
Along with McDougall's appointment, HarperCollins hired Clive Malcher from ITV for the new role of digital publisher, to look at online partners, web delivery and new business models.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- x2 Communications Officers, Higher Education Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Marketing & Design Executive Ninesharp £20 - £25 per hour, Manchester
- Senior Consultant - Marketing Strategy Trace £60000 Per Annum, London
- Freelance Mid-Senior Digital Project Manager's required Source £200 - £350 per day, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office