Grand Union announces restructure plans
By Jennifer Whitehead, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 November 2006 12:00AM
The independent digital agency Grand Union is to restructure into three mini-agencies as part of its growth strategy.
Jaimes Leggett, Alicja Bakinowska and Nicole Dyer have been promoted from account directors to group directors, and will head up one of the new mini-agencies. As well as running existing accounts, the mini-agencies will also be pitching for new business.
Grand Union currently employs 60 staff, but plans to take on up to 100 people over the next 12 months.
Robert Forshaw, a partner at Grand Union, said: "The idea is to create a bit of healthy competition and to develop a greater sense of culture within smaller groups.
"We don't want to lose the small-agency culture because we've grown too big."
Forshaw also said that the new structure could help deal with "soft" client conflicts, but not necessarily harder ones. As more brands shift budget to digital marketing, conflict is becoming an issue. The restructure comes after a series of account wins at the agency.
Last month, Grand Union was appointed by Boots to develop the digital strategy for Boots.com. It also picked up COI's brief to promote safe sex to young people online, and a brief from the Department for Education and Skills to drive awareness of the financial help available to students in higher education.
Comment, page 40.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- eCRM Campaign Manager PFJ £200 - £300 per day, London
- EMEA Marcomms Manager Barclay Meade £40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus + benefits, London
- Planner - MW Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: A host of company benefits, London
- Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £19000 - £24000 per annum, Surrey
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency