Orpin appointed to new planning director role at ITV
By by Darren Davidson, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 13 November 2006 03:20PM
LONDON - ITV has appointed Simon Orpin, previously sales controller, to the newly created position of integrated planning director.
Orpin will report to Gary Digby, sales managing director. Orpin's first task will be to hire a team of integrated planning controllers to work within the new integrated planning team.
ITV has split its sales division into two new departments: a trading team and the integrated planning team. ITV has already confirmed the trading team will be headed by ITV sales director Simon Lent, who now becomes trading director.
The appointment of Orpin to head the other half of ITV Customer Relations completes the senior line-up of its rejigged sales operation.
It is understood Orpin will consider external as well as internal candidates for around 10 positions on the integrated planning team.
The restructure, which will be implemented in January, is an attempt by ITV to place a greater emphasis on the longer-term sell because advertising revenues on ITV1 are in decline.
According to the latest estimates from media agencies, core advertising revenues on ITV1 will be down by as much as 13% year on year by the end of 2006.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films