Gap reviews £30m pan-European media account
By by Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 30 November 2006 08:30AM
LONDON - Gap, the US fashion retailer, has kicked off a review of its £30m pan-European media arrangements.
ZenithOptimedia, the incumbent on the business, is expected to repitch for the account against at least two other networks. The UK and France are the key markets involved in the review.
Gap is also thought to be re-evaluating its relationship with Naked Communications, which was appointed in May to work on pan-European communications strategy related to customer segmentation.
The media review comes four years after Optimedia was appointed by Gap to handle its media planning and buying, taking the business from Mediaedge:cia.
Last year Gap, which runs global advertising created by the US agency Laird & Partners, put more of a focus on its European marketing with the appointment of Clare Dobbie from Mother as European marketing director.
Gap reviewed its US media account earlier this year and appointed Carat to the $100m business in June. PHD was the previous incumbent.
The retailer is battling to turn around its fortunes on the high street. Its global third-quarter profits were $189m, down from $212m in the same period in 2005.
Gap's 2005 European sales fell 6% to $825m from $879m the year before. In the past two years, it has invested heavily in its European operations. Dobbie is part of a European team, including merchandising and design, that was set up in London last year. Gap has opened four new stores in Europe this year, taking the total to 169.
Dobbie was unavailable for comment.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Executive Better Placed Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits , Leeds
- Group Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £68000 per annum, Benefits: Health Cover + Pension, London
- Account Director - Stunning Brand Partnerships Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Insight Consultant - Growth Innovation Agency PSD Group Up to £55,000 + benefits, London