StrawberryFrog wins global Panasonic brief
By By John Tylee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 30 November 2006 08:30AM
LONDON - The StrawberryFrog agency in Amsterdam has been picked by Panasonic to handle creative work for £32m worth of its global business.
The decision comes as Panasonic makes a bid to be a more potent competitor to Sony and the emerging Korean challengers to its business.
The agency's work will focus on the electronic giant's Viera range of flat-screen plasma TVs and Lumix range of compact digital cameras. Both are key to reinforcing Panasonic's quality credentials.
It is understood that StrawberryFrog won the business in a four-way pitch involving agencies in Germany and London. Panasonic's relationship with the media agencies Vizeum and Just Media will not be affected. StrawberryFrog's assignment covers all markets, except the US.
The appointment marks the end of Panasonic's association with the German agency Wire, which was handling its pan-European creative brief.
"Panasonic sees the Viera and Lumix ranges as 'hero' products," an insider revealed. "Retailers are not directing people to its products as much as Panasonic would like."
Panasonic and StrawberryFrog declined to comment as Campaign went to press.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London
- Junior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £18000 per annum, Birmingham
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London