StrawberryFrog wins global Panasonic brief
By John Tylee, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 01 December 2006 12:00AM
The StrawberryFrog agency in Amsterdam has been picked by Panasonic to handle creative work for £32 million worth of its global business. The decision comes as Panasonic makes a bid to be a more potent competitor to Sony and the emerging Korean challengers to its business.
The agency's work will focus on the electronic giant's Viera range of flat-screen plasma TVs and Lumix range of compact digital cameras. Both are key to reinforcing Panasonic's quality credentials.
It is understood that StrawberryFrog won the business in a four-way pitch involving agencies in Germany and London. Panasonic's relationship with the media agencies Vizeum and Just Media will not be affected. StrawberryFrog's assignment covers all markets, except the US.
The appointment marks the end of Panasonic's association with the German agency Wire, which was handling its pan-European creative brief.
"Panasonic sees the Viera and Lumix ranges as 'hero' products," an insider revealed. "Retailers are not directing people to its products as much as Panasonic would like."
Panasonic and StrawberryFrog declined to comment as Campaign went to press.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Middle Weight Digital Designer Gemini Search £30000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Head Of Marketing Strategy Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + benefits, London
- Marketing Administrator Online Resourcing £competitive; excellent benefits , Gatwick, West Sussex
- Marketing Executive The Student Housing Company Up to £35,000 per annum, Holborn, London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign