JWT out as BBH wins £47m Vodafone UK account
By by James Hamilton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 December 2006 08:30AM
LONDON - JWT has lost the UK Vodafone account following a two-way pitch against Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
The beleaguered WPP agency was forced to repitch for the UK portion of the mobile phone account in October. BBH is now responsible for the entire £47m UK spend.
The appointment unpicks Vodafone's allocation of agency duties, put in place in September 2004: JWT handled domestic advertising in all markets, while BBH had responsibility for pan-regional strategy and creative.
The Vodafone global director of brand and customer experience, David Wheldon, said: "BBH has been awarded the UK business to go alongside its role as the global lead creative agency. JWT remains our network partner and we've just given it our business in our fastest-growing market, Turkey."
JWT's London office has suffered a number of losses in the past two years, but has failed to replace them with any significant new business.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- OgilvyOne loses BA business