JWT out as BBH wins £47m Vodafone UK account
By by James Hamilton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 December 2006 08:30AM
LONDON - JWT has lost the UK Vodafone account following a two-way pitch against Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
The beleaguered WPP agency was forced to repitch for the UK portion of the mobile phone account in October. BBH is now responsible for the entire £47m UK spend.
The appointment unpicks Vodafone's allocation of agency duties, put in place in September 2004: JWT handled domestic advertising in all markets, while BBH had responsibility for pan-regional strategy and creative.
The Vodafone global director of brand and customer experience, David Wheldon, said: "BBH has been awarded the UK business to go alongside its role as the global lead creative agency. JWT remains our network partner and we've just given it our business in our fastest-growing market, Turkey."
JWT's London office has suffered a number of losses in the past two years, but has failed to replace them with any significant new business.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Marketing Executive Ninesharp £20000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Marketing & Communications Manager, Luxury Leisure Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: excellent benefits, South West London
- Sales Director - Action Sports Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, London
- Sales Manager- Ad-technology Ultimate Asset £38000 - £50000 per annum + INCREDIBLE COMMISSION, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity