JWT out as BBH wins £47m Vodafone UK account
By by James Hamilton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 December 2006 08:30AM
LONDON - JWT has lost the UK Vodafone account following a two-way pitch against Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
The beleaguered WPP agency was forced to repitch for the UK portion of the mobile phone account in October. BBH is now responsible for the entire £47m UK spend.
The appointment unpicks Vodafone's allocation of agency duties, put in place in September 2004: JWT handled domestic advertising in all markets, while BBH had responsibility for pan-regional strategy and creative.
The Vodafone global director of brand and customer experience, David Wheldon, said: "BBH has been awarded the UK business to go alongside its role as the global lead creative agency. JWT remains our network partner and we've just given it our business in our fastest-growing market, Turkey."
JWT's London office has suffered a number of losses in the past two years, but has failed to replace them with any significant new business.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Design Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, Reading
- DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER (Ecommerce, Retail, CRM) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- WEB CONTENT COORDINATOR-(Retail,Ecommerce,CMS,Web Management) Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Community Manager, Integrated Agency, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Creative Artworker Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Volvo van Damme spot nears 60 million YouTube views