Nitro shop scoops £3m Bueno account
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 December 2006 12:00AM
Ferrero has handed its £3 million Kinder Bueno creative account to Dreamcoast, Nitro's conflict agency. The appointment came after a three-way pitch with Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R and Leagas Delaney.
Nitro has been on the Ferrero roster since 2004, when it won the launch duties for Ferrero's Giotta brand. A conflict with Mars, which it handles in the US, means Dreamcoast must run the Kinder Bueno business in the UK.
Dreamcoast is the third agency in 18 months to handle the account. WCRS held the business before Clemmow Hornby Inge won the brief in November 2005.
However, in the year CHI has held the brief, it has not created any work for the brand.
WCRS launched the Kinder Bueno brand in 2002 with a campaign that landed Ferrero in hot water. The ads, pitching the chocolate bar as a sex-starved woman, ran with the line "you can lick my ripples", were shown on the children's TV channels the Cartoon Network and Boomerang, instead of an ad for Kinder Surprise.
Created by WCRS, one of the ads featured a man in a shop being begged by a Bueno bar to lick and bite it.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London