Online shop sought for Macallan brief
By Claire Billings, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 December 2006 12:00AM
The Edrington Group is looking for an agency to develop an online customer relationship marketing programme for its single malt Scotch whisky, The Macallan.
The company has appointed the AAR to conduct the pitch. The consultancy is believed to be in the process of contacting a range of direct agencies with strong digital credentials and online agencies, with a view to drawing up a shortlist.
Agencies are being briefed to develop online communications to inspire loyalty among drinkers, as well as attract new ones to the brand.
A year ago, the brand hired Rise Communications to develop a communications strategy across key markets such as Spain, the US, Taiwan and the UK.
Its advertising is handled by Shop in the UK. The agency won the account in 2003 in a pitch against M&C Saatchi, Leagas Delaney, Leith London and DDB in New York.
The Edrington Group posted pre-tax profits of £65.4 million in the year to 31 March. It attributed its performance to an increase in international sales across its core brands, such as The Macallan and The Famous Grouse. Sales rose by 3.7 per cent to £263.4 million; growth was strongest in the Asia-Pacific region.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Affiliate Executive - Retail Client - Leading Global Media Agen Ultimate Asset £18000 - £20000 per annum, London
- Middleweight Designer Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + Pension & Life Cover, City of London
- Senior Brand Executive Ninesharp £120 - £130 per day, Bournemouth
- Senior Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London