Online shop sought for Macallan brief
By Claire Billings, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 December 2006 12:00AM
The Edrington Group is looking for an agency to develop an online customer relationship marketing programme for its single malt Scotch whisky, The Macallan.
The company has appointed the AAR to conduct the pitch. The consultancy is believed to be in the process of contacting a range of direct agencies with strong digital credentials and online agencies, with a view to drawing up a shortlist.
Agencies are being briefed to develop online communications to inspire loyalty among drinkers, as well as attract new ones to the brand.
A year ago, the brand hired Rise Communications to develop a communications strategy across key markets such as Spain, the US, Taiwan and the UK.
Its advertising is handled by Shop in the UK. The agency won the account in 2003 in a pitch against M&C Saatchi, Leagas Delaney, Leith London and DDB in New York.
The Edrington Group posted pre-tax profits of £65.4 million in the year to 31 March. It attributed its performance to an increase in international sales across its core brands, such as The Macallan and The Famous Grouse. Sales rose by 3.7 per cent to £263.4 million; growth was strongest in the Asia-Pacific region.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Marketing Coordinator /Communication Production Assistant - Mar Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive - Marketing Communications Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £19000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%