The Annual 2006: Top 10 nicest people
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 December 2006 12:00AM
1. Leon Jaume
Those who know him well agree the only offensive thing about Jaume, the WCRS executive creative director, is his hairstyle. The softly spoken creative likes the quiet life and prefers listening to funny stories and smiling, preferably over lunch in The Ivy, to disseminating malicious gossip. The energy some would divert towards negative tittle-tattle, Jaume reserves for his punts on the gee-gees - his favourite hobby.
2. Kerry Glazer
The kindly face of the AAR, colleagues and clients praise Glazer for her caring professionalism and oxymoronic combination of qualities that has helped her to excel as both a nurse and a headhunter. Stints at WCRS and JWT mean she knows her advertising onions, too.
3. Richard Morris
Morris must have the most consistent temperament in adland. He is eternally cheerful. Similar to many DDB lifers, Morris is an utterly likeable character, a family man who loves nothing more than Aston Villa (except maybe sitting down for a good gossip). DFGW's Tom Vick and the AAR's Martin Jones are among his best mates in the industry. Says it all really.
4. Tom Vick
What you see is what you get with Vick. Honest and open, he always has time for people, and always loves to offer his considered opinion. Hugh Cameron, the joint managing director at DFGW, says: "Tom specialises in being nice. If you opened him up, then he would bleed niceness."
5. Tess Alps
The former mother-figure of PHD has now taken up the challenge of making the ad industry love TV again. Possibly the nicest woman in media (she hates being called nice), Alps is smart and shrewd, but high on emotional intelligence. Just as well, since she's got decades of bastard TV salespeople to overcome.
6. Alison Hoad
A multi-tasker supreme, Hoad juggles being a mother to young twins and a brand new little boy with a lead role at Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R. She has never been seen to lose her rag, even when Campaign called her Alison Toad throughout her profile.
7. Nigel Jones
Not only is he honest and incredibly straight talking, but Jones, a bona fide medical miracle, is also one of adland's most intelligent; heading up DraftFCB is surely only a feat someone with such a big brain would take on. Outside work, Jones is an obsessive collector - his CD collection numbers nearly 5,000 and he has oft been known to compile compilation CDs for his staff.
8. Gerry Moira
The softly spoken, but strongly bawdy Moira loves to help others out in an unselfconscious way. He's fantastically intelligent, witty and gregarious, and loves red wine, chatting, family and witty banter. Also, like all good people, he hates pomposity and pretentiousness.
9. Tim Duffy
A rose among the prickly thorns at the top of the M&C Saatchi management, Duffy has a friendly and easy-going exterior coupled with a wide-eyed innocence. Fresh-faced and possessed of a boyish charm, Duffy is eminently likeable.
10. Jim Kelly
Kelly's sparkly blue eyes light up with a welcome enthusiasm, no matter how lowly the person he is speaking to. Utterly approachable, Kelly always maintains a polite outlook and an even temper. He prefers listening to pontificating. What you see is what you get.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- New Business Manager Beyond The Book £30,000-£40,000 +bonus+car, Derbyshire / Leicestershire / Lincolnshire / Northamptonshire / Nottinghamshire
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Communications Executive Haymarket Media Group Dependant on Experience, Teddington, London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account