Swatch sees shops for direct project
By by Ben Bold, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 January 2007 02:00PM
LONDON - Swatch is talking to below-the-line agencies about a potential marketing project that will run in the UK.
The discussions are being held by Swatch's UK marketing team, which is headed by the brand director, Philip Woolff.
"The reality is that we have had casual conversations with a number of agencies about a project that may or may not happen," he said.
Woolff stressed that the process does not affect Swatch's relationships with agencies on its roster, such as Joshua, which handles its £25m global advertising account managed out of the company's European office.
Joshua recently created a €14m autumn/winter advertising campaign to promote Swatch's latest range of watches. The integrated work includes press, poster, online and point-of-sale activity.
The agency won the Swatch business in January 2005 after a pitch against St Luke's and HHCL Red Cell.
Later that year, the agency's executive creative director, Mitch Levy, took on the new role of global creative director on its Swatch account.
Swatch also uses the media agency M2M and the PR agency Nelson Bostock.
The Swatch Group is based in Switzerland. In addition to its eponymous watch brand, it also manufactures Omega, Tissot, Breguet, Calvin Klein, Longines and Rado watches.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire