Swatch sees shops for direct project
By by Ben Bold, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 January 2007 02:00PM
LONDON - Swatch is talking to below-the-line agencies about a potential marketing project that will run in the UK.
The discussions are being held by Swatch's UK marketing team, which is headed by the brand director, Philip Woolff.
"The reality is that we have had casual conversations with a number of agencies about a project that may or may not happen," he said.
Woolff stressed that the process does not affect Swatch's relationships with agencies on its roster, such as Joshua, which handles its £25m global advertising account managed out of the company's European office.
Joshua recently created a €14m autumn/winter advertising campaign to promote Swatch's latest range of watches. The integrated work includes press, poster, online and point-of-sale activity.
The agency won the Swatch business in January 2005 after a pitch against St Luke's and HHCL Red Cell.
Later that year, the agency's executive creative director, Mitch Levy, took on the new role of global creative director on its Swatch account.
Swatch also uses the media agency M2M and the PR agency Nelson Bostock.
The Swatch Group is based in Switzerland. In addition to its eponymous watch brand, it also manufactures Omega, Tissot, Breguet, Calvin Klein, Longines and Rado watches.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Search & Performance Marketing Director - Dubai MCG Associates Competitive and Tax Free in the sunshine!, Dubai, UAE
- Regional Planning & Strategy Director - Middle East & North Africa - Dubai Based MCG Associates Large Tax Free Package + Family Medical + Family Flights + Bonus + Relocation flights and hotel, Dubai - UAE
- Biddable Account Manager - Social Media - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager - near Bath Stopgap £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'