W&K wins global Nokia work
By Kunal Dutta, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 19 January 2007 12:00AM
Wieden & Kennedy has landed a place on the global Nokia roster, with a brief to promote the roll-out of its "concept" stores around the world.
The agency won the brief after pitching against the incumbent, Grey, in December.
W&K will be responsible for creating an urban campaign for the global launch of Nokia's flagship stores, which it plans to open in 12 cities over the next three years. Current store locations include Moscow, Helsinki, Mexico City and New York.
Federico Barbieri, Nokia's senior retail marketing initiatives manager and Nike's former marketing manager, said the company was looking for "a strong creative idea that was applicable across different urban environments".
He added: "We are still working with Grey, but for this brief, we were looking to challenge ourselves with fresh thinking as well as creating a healthy competition between our roster of agencies.
"W&K grasped the Nokia brand in a very short time and has strong urban campaign credentials. Both of these make a very good starting point."
While at Nike, Barbieri worked with W&K on the launch of Nike Town.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London