Carphone Warehouse dumps Big Brother
By Danielle Long, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 09 March 2007 12:00AM
Carphone Warehouse is severing all ties with Channel 4's Big Brother after the racism row surrounding Celebrity Big Brother 2007.
Carphone Warehouse has sponsored the reality TV show for the past three years, and when the furore surrounding Celebrity Big Brother kicked off, it said it would continue to support the main summer series.
However, Channel 4 is now in talks with other "high-profile" brands for the £2.5 million sponsorship package, which includes branding and advertising opportunities across TV, video-on-demand, online, radio and mobile. The broadcaster hopes to announce a new sponsor within the next eight weeks.
David Charlesworth, the head of sponsorship at Channel 4, said the Big Brother package offered great value for brands. He added: "Big Brother's unpredictability enables it to cut through and build awareness at astonishing speed."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Project Manager - Freelance and Perm Contracts The Industry Club London Ltd Various, London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London
- Senior Account Manager - Account Manager - Branding, Contract & Permanent Royds Raphael £38k-£44k / £170-£190 day rate. Permanent and/or contract role, London
- Head of Lead Generation - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum to £60,000 + benefits, London