Carphone Warehouse dumps Big Brother
By Danielle Long, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 09 March 2007 12:00AM
Carphone Warehouse is severing all ties with Channel 4's Big Brother after the racism row surrounding Celebrity Big Brother 2007.
Carphone Warehouse has sponsored the reality TV show for the past three years, and when the furore surrounding Celebrity Big Brother kicked off, it said it would continue to support the main summer series.
However, Channel 4 is now in talks with other "high-profile" brands for the £2.5 million sponsorship package, which includes branding and advertising opportunities across TV, video-on-demand, online, radio and mobile. The broadcaster hopes to announce a new sponsor within the next eight weeks.
David Charlesworth, the head of sponsorship at Channel 4, said the Big Brother package offered great value for brands. He added: "Big Brother's unpredictability enables it to cut through and build awareness at astonishing speed."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Marketing Project Manager 383 Dependent on Experience, West Midlands
- Digital Designer - Responsive Genius! ADLIB £20000 - £32000 per annum, Witney
- Digital Designer Major Players negotiable, City of London
- Digital Solutions Manager Three £Competitive + benefits + bonus, Maidenhead