Glue London hires RKCR/Y&R creatives
By Jennifer Whitehead, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 March 2007 12:00AM
Glue London, the digital agency that keeps cropping up on above-the-line pitches, has poached the creative team of Nick Strada and Greg Mitchell from Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R.
The copywriter Strada and the art director Mitchell join glue as a senior creative team, having a background in traditional agencies including Bartle Bogle Hegarty and StrawberryFrog.
They arrive at a time when glue is branching out from its roots as an online creative agency. It recently took part in the Eurostar pitch against Fallon and Beattie McGuinness Bungay. Although Fallon was named the lead agency on the £10 million account, the Eurostar marketing director, Greg Nugent, has said glue would come up with "ideas above its station".
Last week, glue was also revealed as a contender in the £27 million pitch for the mobile phone operator 3, against Euro RSCG and Hurrell and Dawson.
At RKCR/Y&R, Strada and Mitchell worked on a number of accounts including Virgin Atlantic, Budweiser and Land Rover. They helped create campaigns including Budweiser's FA Cup sponsorship spot, with the strapline "You do the football. We'll do the beer", and a 2005 campaign for Virgin Mobile that featured ads broadcast live on television.
Seb Royce, the creative director at glue, said:"We are really pleased to have Nick and Greg join the team. They are full of ideas and their genuine enthusiasm for the possibilities of digital is obvious."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Marketing Specialist Stopgap £30000 - £35000 per annum, West Midlands
- Global Project Manager Ashwood Associates £Excellent + extensive benefits, Central London
- Online Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum + benefits, Manchester
- PR Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £50000 per annum, Chertsey