Bendicks calls £2m ad account review
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 March 2007 12:00AM
Bendicks, the confectionery-maker, has called a review of its £2 million advertising account to find a "strategic development" agency to push growth in the brand.
The incumbent, McCann Erickson, is understood to have had creative differences with the company and will not repitch for the business. Media, handled by Initiative, will not be included in the review.
The review is being handled by the AAR and encompasses the Werther's Originals and Mingles brands, in addition to the Bendicks of Mayfair line.
McCann won the Bendicks brief in July 2004 after a three-way shoot-out against Soul and the incumbent, Unity.
The agency later picked up the Werther's Originals account without a pitch. McCann's first work for the brand was to update its image. It replaced the grandfather and grandson situations with a more modern family.
The agency's work for Bendicks included a £2 million TV push for its Mingles and Gorgeous chocolate brands, which targeted women with a "mini drama" based around a footballer's wife, and introduced the line: "It's the Bendicks that counts."
Stephen Whyte, McCann London's chief executive, said: "It's been a pleasure to work with Bendicks for the past three years."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager-Corporate Display Advertising Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + excellent bonus & benefits, London
- Planning Director - London Dynamic New Alliances £80000.00 - £90000.00 per annum, City of London
- Middleweight/Senior Graphic Designer Source £23000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Project Manager 383 Dependent on Experience, West Midlands