Leo Burnett scoops COI adult learning brief
By Kunal Dutta, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 March 2007 12:00AM
The Learning and Skills Council has appointed Leo Burnett as its retained agency to create an overarching campaign that will promote the necessity of skills training in the UK.
The agency beat DDB London in a shoot-out, which saw Leo Burnett partner with Hill & Knowlton and DDB London with Fishburn Hedges.
The campaign will target young people and adults and is part of the LSC's vision to equip people with the skills, training and knowledge to ensure that the British workforce becomes globally competitive by 2010.
The campaign will comprise TV, radio and print elements. The current Learn Direct work by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R and previous Adult Literacy "gremlins" work created by St Luke's are separate elements that are not expected to be superseded by this campaign.
The pitch was handled by COI. The shortlisted agencies, M&C Saatchi and Cohn & Wolfe, and Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy and Brown Communications, were both been knocked out of the review earlier this year.
A review commissioned by the government in November warned that the UK workforce risked lagging behind comparable countries by 2020. Lord Leitch challenged the Government to ensure at least 90 per cent of the population was equipped with a Level 3 qualification (the equivalent of five good GCSEs) by 2020.
Leo Burnett, DDB London and COI refused to comment.
The news comes amidst urgency to push the necessity of skills training among adults and young people if England is to remain globally competitive, particularly in light of the growing economies in China and India.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Associate Research Manager- Customised Research Lipton Fleming £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Data & Reporting Manager- Media Agency Lipton Fleming £35000.00 per annum, London
- Category Lead - Fresh Produce x2 Brand Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum + plus a market leading benefits package, Hertford
- Head of Brand Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £47,000 - £57,000, Central London