Inferno team wins 'Wanted Ads' award
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 April 2007 12:00AM
Will Thacker and Blake Waters, a creative team from the integrated agency Inferno, emerged as overall winners of The Newspaper Society's "The Wanted Ads" awards.
The duo triumphed in a contest against more than 20 other teams, which involved the creation of a regional press campaign for WRAP, the body that works with businesses and consumers to encourage greater recycling.
The Grey creative duo of Raf Donato and Graham Painter were voted runners-up by a jury led by the St Luke's executive creative director, Al Young. The winners and the runners-up will represent the UK in a pan-European equivalent of "The Wanted Ads", to be held in Paris in June.
The winning creative idea involved the use of a local "Gran" character to get the WRAP food-waste message across to regional audiences.
Young said: "The standard was the highest I've ever seen. One reason for this is because now local press is operating across many cross-platforms, this allows for exciting campaign opportunities both on- and offline."
Thacker said: "We had to come up with a way to incorporate the brief and impress the judges in a few short hours."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager - top agency in Leeds Perfect Marketing People To £32K, Leeds
- Online Marketing Executive - global business services giant Perfect Marketing People To £25k, Manchester
- Digital Marketing Manager Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford