Carat and Sell!Sell! win anti-piracy task
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 20 April 2007 12:00AM
The menacing warnings against piracy that feature before the opening credits of any movie are to get a revamp.
The Industry Trust for IP Awareness, the body responsible for raising awareness of copyright theft, has appointed Carat and Sell!Sell! to handle its media and creative accounts respectively.
Carat landed the account, backed by an estimated £2 million spend, following a pitch against a number of undisclosed agencies. Sell!Sell! joined forces with the PR agency Blue Rubicon to pitch against JWT and two other undisclosed shops for the creative brief.
Sell!Sell! will be responsible for the trust's online ads as well as executions to feature on TV, in cinemas and on all rental DVDs.
The appointments mark a shift in strategy for the body, whose ads have focused on the legal repercussions of copyright infringement. Instead, the new anti-piracy campaign will inform consumers of the economic benefits of a prosperous audiovisual industry.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London