Carat and Sell!Sell! win anti-piracy task
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 20 April 2007 12:00AM
The menacing warnings against piracy that feature before the opening credits of any movie are to get a revamp.
The Industry Trust for IP Awareness, the body responsible for raising awareness of copyright theft, has appointed Carat and Sell!Sell! to handle its media and creative accounts respectively.
Carat landed the account, backed by an estimated £2 million spend, following a pitch against a number of undisclosed agencies. Sell!Sell! joined forces with the PR agency Blue Rubicon to pitch against JWT and two other undisclosed shops for the creative brief.
Sell!Sell! will be responsible for the trust's online ads as well as executions to feature on TV, in cinemas and on all rental DVDs.
The appointments mark a shift in strategy for the body, whose ads have focused on the legal repercussions of copyright infringement. Instead, the new anti-piracy campaign will inform consumers of the economic benefits of a prosperous audiovisual industry.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London
- Data Planner Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £33,000, London
- Senior Data Planner/Analyst Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £75,000, London
- Partnerships Account Director - eCommerce Business Silverdrum to £45,000 + bonus + stock + benefits, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity