Nitro wins $80m Volvo ad brief
By Kunal Dutta, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 April 2007 12:00AM
Nitro and US-based Arnold to join forces on car-maker's ad account after winning high-profile pitch.
Volvo has handed Nitro and the US agency Arnold its $80 million pan-regional advertising account, following a final pitch against Fallon.
The two agencies will now join forces to work on briefs across different regions. Nitro will cover the bulk of responsibilities across Europe, the Asia-Pacific region and the Middle East, while the Havas-owned Arnold will be responsible for North America from its Boston office.
The first campaign from Arnold and Nitro will help Volvo launch two major models, the V70 estate and the XC70 4x4. Both cars were unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show in March and go on sale later this year.
The high-profile pitch began in December last year, and initially included Euro RSCG Worldwide in New York, the incumbent since 1991. The original pitchlist also included Goodby, Silverstein & Partners, which later withdrew, while 180 Amsterdam was knocked out earlier this year.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO worked on some tactical briefs for Volvo in the UK, while the Euro RSCG-owned Fuel worked on the task across Europe. Euro RSCG will continue to work on Volvo in Latin America and across Asia, but a review is expected next year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London