Diary: RSCG's Cadman stands tall with just a bit of help
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 May 2007 12:00AM
And so to the subject consuming more agency time than the Nokia, eBay and Ikea pitches combined. Namely, what is Mark Cadman standing on in his latest official portrait? For those who haven't met him, the petite Euro RSCG London chief executive is typically dwarfed by the 6'4" chief strategic officer, Russ Lidstone.
One reader offers: "Lidstone's strategic deck for the 3 pitch." "Gerry Moira's shoulders" is also suggested, as are "a box of Garry Lace's shelf wobblers", "Matthew Bull's ego", and "his own contract".
Showing he's game for a laugh, Cadman himself wades in to the debate. Reprising his occasional "Del Boy" impression (dress him and Lidstone in a camel coat and a camouflage jacket and the pair bear a passing resemblance to Peckham's famous siblings), he says: "I was standing on my Robin Reliant. It's amazing what you can do with a bit of retouching these days."
Ed Morris, the Lowe London executive creative director and a former colleague of Cadman's, has the last word. His suggestion was: "Ben Langdon's coffin." Brilliant stuff. Keep them coming in.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Account Managers/Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Account Manager - Packaging - Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Point of Purchase Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, West Midlands
- Web Development Manager Simply Media TV £34,000, NOHO, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity