Dairy: On the QT ..
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 22 June 2007 12:00AM
Well done Christine Walker, the latest winner of the Nabs annual Ron Miller award for her work in organising the industry charity's Big Bash. Walker, of course, is not only the queen of UK media, but is also probably its biggest tobacco addict.
Barely had she got her gift, an elegant portable ashtray, at last week's Nabs breakfast, than she was straight out of the door for a drag. No excuses for dropping her butt on the pavement ...
It would appear that the MindShare chief executive, Jed Glanvill, wasn't too sad to see the Birds Eye account depart to Carat. He sent around an all-staff e-mail last Thursday saying: "To celebrate the fact that we have not dropped our trousers to keep Birds Eye, I thought we would have a free bar tonight from 5:30 to 7:30pm. Hope to see you there !" The agency must really celebrate when it actually wins some business ...
Recently, Diary was asked to spot the difference between two fast-food radio spots. Both had axes to grind with employers. Pizza Hut opens by asking: "Do you think the dictator at the top has noticed you slogging through lunch? No." McDonald's follows, urging us to: "Resist the tyranny of a boss who burglarises your lunch hour with a half-one deadline." Two menus. One hour. Unquantifiable venom. But Pizza Hut got there first ...
Remember Sam Ismail, the 23-year-old student who created an eBay scam ad for an internship application to Saatchi & Saatchi? Word reaches Diary that, despite his efforts, the higher forces at Charlotte Street have ruled an end to the shenanigans with a stock rejection letter and no formal feedback ...
Name changes were on the agenda at a recent IPA Council meeting. "Item four," an IPA Councillor intoned, "Clemmow Hornby Inge will now be known as ... " a pregnant pause followed as said councillor consulted notes, during which the Fallon founding partner Robert Senior chipped in: "Wonga." Diary hears Johnny Hornby was amused, unlike many IPA members.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Regional Marketing Manager, Automotive, East Anglia and Northern Home Counties Copeland Select £Competitive + Car , Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Northamptonshire, Suffolk
- Senior Affiliate Executive - Huge Client - Global Media Agency Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum, London
- Account Manager fishtank £32000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, Bath
- Senior Brand Manager Nigel Wright Recruitment £50000 - £55000 Per Annum, South East (Home Counties)
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity