Lastminute.com reviews European agencies
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 June 2007 08:30AM
LONDON - Lastminute.com is reviewing its £10m pan-European agency relationships and is poised to appoint OMD to handle its media planning and buying.
Sources suggest that OMD is set to replace Smarter Communications as lastminute.com's media agency as the online travel company expands across Europe.
Lastminute.com, which spends just over £2 million on UK advertising, is also conducting an audit of its creative agency relationships with a view to putting them on a more formal footing involving contracts. It is working with the pitch consultant Suki Thompson on this process. Farm handles the bulk of its UK specific work but it also uses other local agencies in markets across Europe.
One agency source said: "Lastminute.com wants to make sure that its partners are working with it in genuine partnership."
The process follows the arrival in April of Simon Thompson, the former Motorola and Honda marketer, as chief marketing officer.
Lastminute.com's expansion plans were boosted by its acquisition, in 2005, by Travelocity parent company Sabre for $1.1 billion.
Simon Thompson was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London
- Senior Manager - CRM Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45,000 - £50,000, Central London