Umbro picks Love for global ad brief
By Jo Charlton, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 August 2007 12:00AM
Umbro, the football brand and England kit sponsor, has appointed Love to handle a global advertising brief, following a six-way pitch against undisclosed agencies.
The Manchester-based shop will work on a through-the-line campaign starring the England footballers Michael Owen and John Terry, and the Portugal international Deco, to break in January 2008.
The push will focus on Umbro's involvement in the 2008 European Championships, and will promote a new brand line using advertising, digital, retail POS and viral. Love will work with Umbro's digital agency Swamp to develop the campaign online.
Umbro's first international campaign, "one love", for the 2006 World Cup, was created in-house, with direct activity through RPM and ThreePipe.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London