Lowe appoints Sherwood
By James Hamilton, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 September 2007 12:00AM
Lowe raids PHD's Rocket in bid to bring communications planning in-house.
Lowe London is relaunching its planning department, and has poached Rocket's Mark Sherwood to become head of communications planning.
Sherwood will work within Lowe's planning department, reporting to Rebecca Morgan, the chief strategy officer. At Rocket, he held the role of executive planning director.
The Lowe chief executive, Amanda Walsh, said: "Mark is one of the most creative media planners in the UK. This appointment signals our intention to make communications planning an integral part of the planning process at Lowe, and create a more future-focused offering within the agency."
Sherwood joined the PHD sister agency Rocket from MediaCom in 2003, following the promotion of the Rocket managing director, Mark Holden, to executive planning director at PHD.
During his time there, he was part of the team that won a number of pitches, including the Co-operative Group, Mini and Tiger Beer.
He began his career as a junior media planner at Griffin Bacal in 1996, going on to join BJL in 1997 and MediaCom in 1999. In his four years there, Sherwood was the lead client contact on the Ikea and Masterfoods accounts.
Lowe joins Bartle Bogle Hegarty and TBWA\London in offering a comms planning service to clients.
In addition, CHI & Partners hired Enyi Nwosu in May to work alongside Tim Allnutt on a hybrid communications and account planning initiative called "ideas planning".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Pitch Consultants £3000 - £34000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham