The World: Singapore - Batey picks up Qatar Airways business
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 21 September 2007 12:00AM
Batey, which ended a 35-year association with the Singapore Airlines account earlier this year, is poised to plug the gap by being appointed to handle the Qatar Airways business.
The carrier, which operates a "hub and spoke" network linking 78 international destinations from its Doha base, said it had appointed Batey "in principle" after a five-month review.
Batey's future as a standalone operation within the WPP group was thought to be in doubt when it failed to make the final round of the pitch for the Singapore Airlines $60 million global account in March.
The following month, TBWA was awarded the business after a final shoot-out against Publicis and DDB.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus car/ car allowance, London