The World: Singapore - Batey picks up Qatar Airways business
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 21 September 2007 12:00AM
Batey, which ended a 35-year association with the Singapore Airlines account earlier this year, is poised to plug the gap by being appointed to handle the Qatar Airways business.
The carrier, which operates a "hub and spoke" network linking 78 international destinations from its Doha base, said it had appointed Batey "in principle" after a five-month review.
Batey's future as a standalone operation within the WPP group was thought to be in doubt when it failed to make the final round of the pitch for the Singapore Airlines $60 million global account in March.
The following month, TBWA was awarded the business after a final shoot-out against Publicis and DDB.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Propositions Marketing Manager Harvey Nash £35000 - £40000 per annum, Walsall
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart