Kia reviews global media account
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 18 October 2007 08:30AM
LONDON - The Kia Motor Corporation has called a pitch for its multimillion-pound global media planning and buying account.
The review covers media activity across all corporate campaigns planned from Kia's centre in Korea. This includes global campaigns featuring the Spanish tennis star Rafael Nadal, who is currently the face of the Kia brand.
Vizeum handles the media for the car company's corporate activity in many European markets, including the UK. It has worked closely with Kia's in-house agency Innocean, which produces creative for the corporate campaigns and coordinates media activity.
Kia's local market media planning and buying, which is handled by OMD across Europe, is not included in the review. The OMD-owned agency M2M handles the £20 million UK account.
Spend on Kia's international corporate activity varies widely depending on new car launches and its sponsorship of major sporting events. Through parent company Hyundai, Kia will be a sponsor of the 2010 and 2014 football World Cups.
The Kia corporate media review follows news of a pitch in the US to consolidate the combined $800 million US media accounts for Kia and Hyundai. Kia is also holding a global direct marketing pitch (Campaign, 21 September).
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Social/Digital Strategic Planner - Top Agency Digital Gurus £34000 - £38000 per annum + benefits, London
- Talented Mixed Methodology Researchers- Boutique Innovative Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £27000 - £40000 Per Annum, London
- Digital Strategy Director with Global Media Network Gemini Search £75000 - £90000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Account Executive/Junior Account Executive fishtank £17000 - £22000 per annum, Surrey