The Week: Media News - Publishers slam EU ad plan
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 02 November 2007 12:00AM
Europe's publishing industry has hit back at European Union legislation forcing car advertisers to carry information on CO2 levels in all TV, radio and online ads.
Angela Mills Wade, the director of the European Publishers Council, described the initiative as "Draconian", arguing that it could deter car-makers from advertising and affect revenues. The bill, proposed by the British MEP Chris Davies, says a minimum of 20 per cent of any ad space must include detailed information of CO2 emission levels or fuel economy.
- Perspective, page 21.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Brand Planner Gemini Search £40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- E-commerce Manager - B2B Adam Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester
- Marketing Studio Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £38000 - £40000 per annum, Gloucestershire