GlaxoSmithKline hunts agency to promote weight-loss drug in Europe
By Kunal Dutta, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 16 November 2007 12:00AM
GlaxoSmithKline has kicked off a search for Alli - a US over-the-counter weight-loss drug - as it looks to launch the product across Europe.
GSK has approached a number of London agencies, with both roster and non-roster agencies being asked to tender.
The brief comprises digital and DM elements. Much of the initial work will be adapted from US advertising until such time as plans to launch the drug in Europe are given the go-ahead.
GlaxoSmithKline has already made inroads to get the product approved for sale in Europe, though under a different name. Last month, the European medicines regulator agreed to review a proposal for the drug's over- the-counter sale and respond next year.
This summer, Alli became the first weight-loss drug approved by the United States' Food and Drug Administration for sale over the counter. In the first five weeks after its launch, sales were more than £77 million.
GlaxoSmithKline did not return calls.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- PR Senior Account Executive Major Players £24000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior National Account Manager , New Brand Premier Consultants c.£60k-£65k plus car & bonus, East of England / South East England / London (Greater)
- Head of Digital - great digital agency, N Manchester Perfect Marketing People To £70k, Greater Manchester / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)