Campaign unveils Big Awards show
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 November 2007 08:30AM
LONDON - Campaign is launching a new awards uniting four of its existing creative schemes and adding sections for TV and radio. The inaugural Campaign Big Awards will take place in October 2008.
This new multi-disciplinary competition reflects how agencies work for clients in the 21st century, as it is based on product categories. It will be possible to enter work into six media areas - digital, direct, posters, press, television and cinema, and radio.
Nigel Bogle, the group chief executive at Bartle Bogle Hegarty, will chair the awards. He said: "I believe that uniting different disciplines within a single scheme reflects more accurately the reality of the communication landscape, and the Big Awards will become a key reference point for the whole of UK creativity."
Rufus Olins, the managing director of Haymarket Brand Media, said: "Campaign pioneered red-carpet ad awards. It's now time to reflect the best work that has run in all media and celebrate excellence at a single, prestigious event."
Donald Gunn, the creator of The Gunn Report, said: "This is good news. Advertising folks all around the world are highly interested in the work from the UK, and awarding it by product categories, which include all the media, is a fresh and useful way to look at it."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester
- Social Media Account Manager - Global Agency - London Digital Gurus £27000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits , London
- Responsive Designer (Top 10 NMA) Premier Media £35K + benefits, Central London
- Award-Winning Integrated Creative Team Premier Media Circa 55K + Benefits, Central London